When you have a host, you need a hosting control panel to manage it. We have fully explained what a hosting control panel is in our earlier post. With this control panel, you can manage your files, create a backup, restore a backup, manage your webmail and etc. We can categorize these control panels based on the OS they are supported on. DirectAdmin is one of the most famous control panels that is supported on Linux. We’ve fully explained how you can install DirectAdmin manually. In this post, we are going to show you how you can install DirectAdmin automatically on your server.
DirectAdmin auto installation
- A clean Operating System: There should be no data on your OS. So, make sure to reinstall the supported OS (Linux) before installation.
- Minimum of 2GB RAM: Your server must have at least 2GB RAM or else the installation will fail.
- You need to have SSH access to your server. By SSH access we mean a remote connection to a Linux Server.
You should have a verified license with correct information. Go to the DirectAdmin website or any other license provider and buy the license. Make sure to set the server’s IP, hostname and the OS correctly.
The DirectAdmin Installation
Use the SSH connection and login as root. Now follow the steps below:
1. Download the installation file using this command: (If your OS is FreeBSD, replace the “wget” with “fetch”)
2. Now use this command to change permissions for the setup.sh file:
chmod 755 setup.sh
3. Run this script:
Now the auto-installation will begin! In this type of installation, all the default options and the CSF software (a firewall) will be installed automatically. If you need customization, in the last step, run this command instead:
and then you can follow the mentioned steps in our earlier post: “Direct Admin Control Panel Installation Guide (Manually)” post.
Important! the nameservers must be FQDN or valid. A subdomain can be a good choice for this. Example: if your domain is AiroSever.com, da.airoserver.com or cp.airoserver.com are considered as FQDN nameservers. Using the exact domain name can cause errors in webmail and FTP.
The DirectAdmin installation takes about 30 to 40 minutes and after the installation, you can access your DirectAdmin using this address:
Hope you enjoyed this post if you did, visit our blog for more!