We have mentioned this a lot before. A Domain is the first thing you need when you want to run a website. Domains are the first things that introduce us to the Internet world. So, it is really important for us to choose domains that stick easily to people’s minds. In this post, we are going to explain what considers to be a good domain.
These are the main three important factors you need to consider when you want a good domain:
- Simplicity: A domain should be as simple as possible. It is wrong to choose one that can be spelled in multiple ways. If it has more than one way to be spelled, people will have trouble finding your website. This can also make your competitors buy other similar domains to attract some of your audiences.
- Length: It shouldn’t be too long. A simple short domain is a perfect option.
- Content-related TLD: there are different options to choose as your TLD. TLD is .com, .net and etc. It is always better to choose a TLD that matches your content. .com and .net are the general TLDs that could be used for all type s of content. But there are some TLDs that are used especially for some fields. For example, .med is used for medical purposes.
What if the domain is already taken?
When you want to buy a domain on websites like AiroServer, you may see this error that says the domain is already taken. At this point, you can do one of the following actions:
- Find the owner and contact them to see if they are up for a deal.
- Buy it with other TLDs if they are available.
- Choose another similar one.
Hope you enjoyed this post if you did, you can visit our blog for more!